Monday, November 5, 2007

we went to ...

Me and sommer weren't sure if we would go to church yesterday or not...so we decided to wait till Sunday morning to see how we felt....and we decided to go....and I am glad we did....you could feel the love...and the sign out front...just broke my heart....Eds favorite church song was I'll fly away...he used to sing it with his aunt down south when he was young.......His work just came by and picked up Eds work truck...and paper work.....I was glad that my dad who worked with ed was the one to drive the truck away....but I miss having it in the driveway...and it wasn't easy seeing it drive away...but I am glad the girls didn't see it leave.......
I also found out that Renee (shes on the DT over at scrappy chic with me) lost her mother this weekend....she was fighting Cancer...and renee was so close to her mom.....so send some prayers her way too....I know she is heartbroken too.....

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love that song, too.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you were able to go..and that they loved Ed you so much. prayer for Renee's family too! l...Sandi

Leah's Crafty Life said...

It's so good to see you blogging again sweetie. I'm so glad you are surrounded by lots of friends. Hope Sommers first day back is a good one.

Tara said...

just thinking of you today....

Anonymous said...

Oh Staci...I don't even know what to say girl...I just found out what happened and my heart is breaking for you girl! You will be in my prayers as will your girls. I will be thinking of Sommer, my dad was killed in an automobile accident when I was in High School and I remember the first day I went back to school, it was so hard and I will be praying for her. Wow Staci I know there is nothing that I can say...but I want you to know that I am thinking about you and your family.
Stacey (sjtowers)

Angela L. said...

I just read about your loss..... and my heart goes out to you! I was deeply touched to read that his favorite song was "I'll Fly Away" for it brings back such bittersweet memories for me because my only sister who was mentally handicapped loved this one song. It wasn't alot that she could do due to her condition but my Great Grandmother used to sing it with her ALL the time until my Great Grandmother passed away in 1982. After that my sister's condition was so bad that she had to be placed in a special home equipped to help her. Sadly, she was murdered almost 10 years ago. Little things bring back fond memories of her and your mention of "I'll Fly Away" did that. You/ your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.