Saturday, November 10, 2007

they tricked me....

Last night I went to the crop......little did I know that they had a plan...JJ instead of charging a crop fee....had everyone donate to me and the girls....and there was even a little kid...who emptied his piggy bank....to give to us...(okay deep breaths....deep breaths.) I don't know how I will ever thank everyone....for all they've done....whether the donations...or just dropping a card in the mail....or a quick email to let me know that you're thinking and praying for us.....but I will thank each and everyone of you.....just might take me...a little time....
besides the donations......everybody cooked an awesome meal...we had smoked turkey...and all the fixin's.......I think all the scrappy chic peeps...were surprised to see all home cooked....food!! everything was delicious.....it was just a sweet thing....to do...but that's JJ.......I have the best friends ever........and I know Ed loved JJ too......if I would even think of missin' one of JJ's crops....he would tell me....you better not miss a crop....JJ is a true friend.....she is always there for you....and he was right........
Mom is coming out tonight......and I am so glad ....needing a mom fix....right now.....!!!!!!!!!!

yesterday I found myself reading all my old blog posts......it's weird to look back a month or 2 ago.....and just look at our pics.....and realize that we had no idea how our lifes were about to change.....I don't even recognize myself.......she's a different person.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Staci,
Sounds like you had a great night!!! So awesome to have lots of friends, great food, and lots of LOVE around you. I didn't know the details about when or where but would have loved to come :) Hope you have a great weekend with your Mom! Nothing better than Mom :)

Anonymous said...

So glad that your Mom is coming out to stay with you!! Wow sounds like you had a great night! You are so lucky to have such great friends! And the kid emptying his piggybank? how flippin sweet is that!! Hope you have a great weekend with you Mom!!
Stacey

Carla said...

Staci,
It was so nice to finally get to meet all your CM peeps..

What a great group of scrappers!!

Take a little time for you tonight and let "mom" handle Sommer.

I will talk to you later in the week.
Love ya..
C

Anonymous said...

Wow...sounds like you have a GREAT group of friends!! I'm so happy for you, for that!! It's good that you got out and did something for you!

Take care and enjoy your time with your mom!!

Denise (matt'sneice)

Anonymous said...

Staci,
Had a great time with you guys on Friday! Hope you have a good week...one day at a time...
Alison B.

Anonymous said...

Glad you hear you had a night out with the girls...sorry I didn't get to go..didn't want to give everyone my terrible head cold...feeling better today! Let's get together soon....Sandi

renee said...

i tagged you!