Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Toledo Zoo

first let me say that it was so hot!!!! i think it was 81 degrees when we got there around 10:30......and 90 when we left around 3!! But it was fun...and it was'nt crowded which was nice...I think most people had already started school..... I took a ton of pics of the kids.....
and I finally got to see the butterfly exhibit...which was beautiful....you walked in and were just surrounded by butterflies......made me want to start a butterfly garden next year for sure......I was kinda bummed none of them landed on me though.....
and sommer was most excited to see the penguins.....she even bought a penguin necklace.....
it was so hot....we stopped and got frozen lemonades....and sat next to these machines that would just mist you with water.....felt good!! the giraffes were so amazing....
and of course we had to check out the dung!!! so gross....
I'm not even going to tell you why chris had this up to no good smirk!!! all I'm going to say is this gorilla had a nice booty!!!
and finally this is me sitting down taking a rest while the kids check out the snakes....ewww!!! and I think at this very minute...I am thinking how I can get the rescue helicopter to swoop in and carry me to my car....'cause I am beat....I am hot..and I think I am heat stroking!! great memories....we had fun...and ended with dinner at denny's....
everybody voted and our favorite part was the polar bears....maybe it's because we got to sit in air conditioning....but no really they were so cute, and they were playing right in front of the window....Sommer video taped it..and I will try and post a few seconds of it...soon!!!








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is crazy that we would have been there the same day. That place is insane when it's hot...the walk back up and over the expressway will kill ya, won't it?! Glad you had fun though! I'm sure Andrew will make me watch the video 50 times once you post it.

Alison

Anonymous said...

Ok, that picture of you does not look like you are wishing for a helicopter to rescue you...it looks like you are adding to the "who dung it" exhibit!

Jeniece

denine zielinski said...

I love the zoo! Looks like it was pretty hot! Gotta love the dung...LOL!

🌈🌈🌈 said...

I just love taking the kiddos to the zoo. Nothing like it....great fotos!

Babydoll said...

Sounds like a FUN day!! I love the pictures and I wish I knew what the smirk was about. LOL!