Saturday, March 8, 2008

Scrapbook Trends Vacation book toot!!!!

I am doing the toot!! dance!! ahhh...toot..toot!! I was so shocked to get an email last night, requesting the mini book I made of the weekend scrap retreat we went on last fall, I've never had a mini book pubbed by them...so I am real excited!! Plus in other good news I won a autographed copy of Stacey julians new book "photo freedom" the mega meet http://www.megameet.com/index.html was offering a contest, and you had to write a 500 word essay...and I didn't win...but I was first runner up....so I can't wait to get the book, and if you haven't checked out staceys blog you should, for more than scrapbooking, but she always has really uplifting positive, quotes.....that make you go hmmmm... http://stacysbigpicture.typepad.com/ . I finished a journal page, and then used it for a challenge over at tally scrapper, who by the way has the teresa collins stuff in......yum!! For this challenge we needed to use journaling spot/card...and I used one of my air mail envies for the background, which I love!! not sure if I told you where you can get these...but if you love them, they're only like $2 for like 15 or 20 of them...and even the shipping is only like $1.80... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5519081
this last page is also for a challenge over on the mega meet site..you have to pick 5 questions out of a list of like 20...and do a page, I used some of the new daisy d's paper, the bracket is pink paislee, the tabs are creative imaginations, and the numbers are all glorious thickers......
did the blog challenge over at twopeas

Challenge for today~ Do you try to memorialize someone that has passed in a special way? If so how...
I had to think about this one....if you come to my house you're gonna get hit with alot of pictures of Ed, but I don't think that memorialize's.....cause i had alot before, I do carry his wallet with me at all times.....and if I am having a bad day(or I need to feel a part of him with me) you will see his wedding band on my finger.......and of course his basket of dirty laundry....which is still untouched...and it has been 4 months so I think the time is coming real soon....to wash it, and pack it away.....I hope to someday make a quilt with his clothes for me and the girls.....so I don't think Ihave a special spot...but I do have certain things.....that memorialize...


9 comments:

MelB said...

Hi Staci! I often visit your blog and I love your work! Congrats on your pub with ST, it is such an awesome publication.

Benita said...

Congrats on the mini book pub & also on winning Stacy's book! That's awesome!

Before you wash those clothes, save a shirt or two that has his scent on it. It may sound weird, but the shirt that I have of my sisters has the perfume smell on it still & I will never wash it! It's also the shirt she wore the last time I saw her, a year before she was killed :(

Staci said...

Congrats on the ST toot! :-)

Theresa said...

Congratulations on the your toot! Ditto the comment about keeping a shirt unwashed, do think you need to get rid of the rest of them now. It'll make going into the room easier.

Sherry said...

Oh wow, I loved your blog. I lost my mother in December and I lost my father in mid February. I haven't lost my husband, but I have felt like the end of the world coming around the next corner. I give you two kudos on getting through all you have!!

Much love & prayers from Michigan,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Congrats Staci on the toot.
Hold onto the basket of washing for as long as you need to. Its a wonderful idea to do a quilt of his clothes

Sasha Farina said...

wooooooooohoooo!! Congrats Staci!!! You're on a roll girl!!

Babydoll said...

Congrats on the published work Staci!! I love both layouts too. That mailer was a neat idea!

Kip said...

Congrat, congrats Staci!!

Kip