Thursday, March 27, 2008

I hear we might get some snow.....

mom just called to tell me that we might get an inch or two tonight/tomorrow.....yay!! yesterday I was out feeding the chickens...it's weird as the snow melts away..I feel like all these memories are popping out at me...as I sat on our porch swing..with the girls, I look at the picnic table...that he wanted to fix the seats this spring, the bbq grill that we use alot in the summer time, the empty flower hanging baskets that were full of flowers that he bought me for mothers day....I get these flashes of memories of tonee's graduation party...the yard full of friends and family....and I know that the memories are good...but too..many at once...is almost unbearable.....it just breaks my heart over and over everyday.....and usually I can go to the scrap table to escape for awhile...but even that hasn't happened....till yesterday I did get a couple done for the DT at Scrappy Chic.....this one I used the new my minds eye papers...and I am not a flower person...but I was given these cute prima flowers....and I really liked the way it turned out...took the picture yesterday of our tree...that has all this new life on it... and then sommer took these pictures of me cleaning out the chicken coop yesterday....I told her not to take pics of me...I look like a crazy person....she's says that's fine...that's what crazy people look like.....hey wait a minute...love the shot of the chicken coop boots.....full of mudd and poo....used pink paislee papers....
sommer edy...with her cool hat......used scenic route papers
and then I got this post card from Rent a center....
and decided to paint it...and add it to my art journal...and tell the history of RAC in our family....and the story of grandma bringing up RAC at ed's funeral......my friends that were there..still talk about grandma...she's kinda a legend...ha,ha!!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...one day at a time. I am so inspired by your new pages!

Jeniece

Anonymous said...

your pages ROCK - love your style!

(((hugs))) can't imagine the pain you go through each day....(((hugs)))

renee said...

things can only go up...stay strong, staci...i know it's tough! and i miss your pages! so happy to see some. i love how you layered the pics on your farm happiness page...so cool!

Stacey said...

wow...those new pages are amazing!! LOVE that new paper! I hope you get that snow that you want!! Have a great day girl!!!

Allison Cope said...

Congrats Auntie Staci!

Anonymous said...

Lovin the RAC page...it's so fits...and it was a first for me too! Looking forward to seeing you Saturday....Sandi